Committee of Education Meeting July 6, 2020
5:00 p.m., OLS Church
Yet to be approved
- Lord’s Prayer
- Roll Call:
- Deacon Craig Voldberg, Bob Lecheler, Lani Burke, Karla Cole, Jen Gago, Becci Tucker, Jacquie Bernard
- Approval of Minutes:
- No minutes to approve
- Teacher’s Report
- No teacher present
- New Business:
- Part-time Aides: 5 aides were interviewed with 2 good candidates selected to work with Keely and Kelly
- 3K wraparound/4K: 7 students in each program, total 14
- Mary Cormican accepted the position of Principal
- A new COVID-19 committee has been established and will meet every Wednesday until further notice
- Members include: Kate, Bob, Craig, Mrs. Cormican, Jen, Becci and a couple teachers
- School start plan: Classes will start on August 25, 2020 and will be held 5 days a week with face-to-face instruction. We collaborate with the Ladysmith Public Schools and are required to follow all County guidelines.
- A survey has been made available on the OLS website about parents sending their kids back to school.
- Discussion about WIFI being installed in the Church.
- Discussion about water fountains and students providing their own refillable water bottles.
- Orientation will be held on Wednesday, August 19, 2020 at the Church beginning at 6:00 p.m.
- Principal: No Report
- Father: No Report
- Next meeting will be Thursday, August 20, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
- Closing prayer by Jen Gago